Things to do
1) 2-Tone Village CoventryView full details of 2-Tone Village Coventry
Address: Walsgrave Road, Coventry, CV2 4ED
Phone: +44(0)24 7767 1242
2) Albany TheatreView full details of Albany Theatre
Address: Albany Road, Coventry, CV5 6JQ
Phone: +(0)24 7699 8964
3) Allesley ParkView full details of Allesley Park
This picturesque historic park nestles between established housing developments offering a unique parkland experience with its rolling landscape and established tree stock.
4) Assembly Festival GardenView full details of Assembly Festival Garden
The hugely popular Assembly Festival Garden has returned to Coventry with a fresh new programme of family favourites, stunning spectaculars and familiar faces.
5) Bagot’s CastleView full details of Bagot’s Castle
Bagot’s Castle, in the village of Baginton on the outskirts of Coventry, is believed to originally been built in the 11th century, at the time of King Henry I. It was rebuilt around the late 14th century by Sir William Bagot, a distinguished nobleman of his time.
6) Ballroom Climbing WallView full details of Ballroom Climbing Wall
Address: Ironmonger Row, Coventry CV1 1LZ
Phone: +44(0)24 765 253 70
7) Belgrade TheatreView full details of Belgrade Theatre
The Belgrade Theatre features an 850 seat main auditorium that hosts professional touring productions and a newer studio space that can hold a smaller audience of 250-300 guests. It has an on-site café and bars as well as conference facilities.
8) Blue Badge Guided ToursView full details of Blue Badge Guided Tours
Roger Bailey is a Heart of England Blue Badge Tourist Guide, offering guided walking and coach tours for private groups, large or small. Roger covers Coventry, Stratford upon Avon, Warwick, Royal Leamington Spa, The Cotswolds and much more.
9) Brandon Marsh Nature CentreView full details of Brandon Marsh Nature Centre
Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve is set in 220 acres and features a wide variety of large pools, bird hides, woodland walks and wildflower meadows. This former quarry has been transformed into a European Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) - home to a number of iconic species including kingfisher, cuckoos and otter. The reserve is also frequented by visiting osprey, pied flycatcher and other rare migratory species. The Visitor Centre is a great place to start your visit, and includes a tea room and well-stocked gift shop. The accessible network of paths and boardwalks allow visitors to explore the network of pools, reedbeds and woodlands and get closer to nature.
Address: Brandon Lane, Coventry, CV3 3GW
10) Caludon Castle ParkView full details of Caludon Castle Park
Caludon Castle Park is FREE to enter. It is located three miles to the east of Coventry city centre. The site contains two scheduled ancient monuments by English Heritage, including the remains of Caludon Castle which is Grade 1 listed.
11) Centre AT7View full details of Centre AT7
Centre AT7, operated by CV Life, is located in the northeast of Coventry. The Centre provides high-quality facilities and a wide range of activities at affordable prices for adults, families, children and organisations to keep you fit, active and healthy.
12) Charterhouse Heritage ParkView full details of Charterhouse Heritage Park
The landscape around Charterhouse includes green fields, woodland, the River Sherbourne, the Grade II listed Sherbourne Viaduct and a disused railway line. The viaduct was designed by Stephenson in 1837 as part of the world’s first major inter-city railway.
13) Coombe Abbey ParkView full details of Coombe Abbey Park
For a family day out, or a quiet little picnic, visit Coombe Abbey Park. It offers 500 acres of beautiful gardens, woodland, lakeside walks, and bird watching.
14) Coventrian Narrow BoatView full details of Coventrian Narrow Boat
Address: Swan Lane Wharf, Swan Lane, Coventry CV2 4QN
15) Coventry Canal BasinView full details of Coventry Canal Basin
Address: 10a St Nicholas St, Coventry CV1 4LY
16) Coventry CathedralView full details of Coventry Cathedral
Coventry Cathedral is a place where splendid medieval history meets modern architecture to stunning and poignant effect.
17) Coventry City Football ClubView full details of Coventry City Football Club
Address: Coventry Building Society Arena
18) Coventry Music MuseumView full details of Coventry Music Museum
Address: 80 Walsgrave Rd, Coventry CV2 4ED
19) Coventry Police MuseumView full details of Coventry Police Museum
Address: Coventry Central Police Station, Little Park Street, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 2JX
20) Coventry Transport MuseumView full details of Coventry Transport Museum
Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles on the planet and tells the story of a city which changed the world through transport.
21) Coventry Visitor Information CentreView full details of Coventry Visitor Information Centre
Our Visitor Information team can provide the very best in local knowledge, history and recommendations on how to make the most of your stay in Coventry.
22) Coventry Watch Museum ProjectView full details of Coventry Watch Museum Project
Address: Court 7, Spon Street, Coventry City Centre, CV1 3BA
23) Coventry Young Explorer’s Discovery TrailView full details of Coventry Young Explorer’s Discovery Trail
Pick up your free explorer’s trail from Coventry Visitor Information Centre (located adjacent to Coventry Railway Station) and discover the answers to the 10 questions as you search some of the very special city centre attractions to win your exclusive Coventry Young Explorers badge!
24) Coventry's New CathedralView full details of Coventry's New Cathedral
The New Cathedral is a work of inspiration. Work started a day after the Old Cathedral was bombed during the Blitz of 1940, and the Cathedral is now recognised as a beacon of hope, fellowship, peace and reconciliation.
25) Criterion TheatreView full details of Criterion Theatre
Address: Berkeley Road South, Coventry, CV5 6EF
Phone: +44(0)24 7667 5175
26) Delta Force PaintballView full details of Delta Force Paintball
Address: Mobbs Wood Farm Brinklow Road Coventry, CV7 9JN
Phone: +44(0)20 3869 9305
27) Dhillon's BreweryView full details of Dhillon's Brewery
Address: Unit 14a Hales Industrial Estate, Rowley's Green Lane, Coventry, CV6 6AT
Phone: +44 (0)24 7666 7413
28) Drapers’ Hall
29) Ego Performance CompanyView full details of Ego Performance Company
Address: Cook St, Coventry CV1 1JN
Phone: +44(0)24 7622 6060
30) Escape LiveView full details of Escape Live
Address: FarGo Village, Coventry CV1 2HW
Phone: +44(0)24 7767 4646
31) Escape RealityView full details of Escape Reality
Address: 2nd Floor, East Entrance, Broadgate House, CV1 1NG
Phone: +44(0)24 7655 3929
32) FarGo VillageView full details of FarGo Village
FarGo Village is an artistically re-purposed industrial space in Coventry city centre, designed exclusively for creative, independent businesses and like-minded visitors.
33) FSM Flight Simulator MidlandsView full details of FSM Flight Simulator Midlands
Address: Coventry Aeroplane Club, Rowley Road, Baginton, Coventry, CV3 4FR
Phone: +44(0)800 999 7370
34) Go Ape Coventry
35) Herbert Art Gallery & MuseumView full details of Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
The Herbert Art Gallery & Museum is the perfect place to delve into Coventry’s history and immerse yourself in world class art. Investigate the natural world, modern art, and the Old Masters.
36) Hideous History
37) hmv EmpireView full details of hmv Empire
Address: 20 Hertford St, Coventry CV1 1LF
Phone: +44(0)24 7627 4564
38) Holy Trinity ChurchView full details of Holy Trinity Church
From the 15th Century stone pulpit to the 16th Century Bible and the world-renowned Doom painting, Holy Trinity Coventry is certainly a 'must visit' place in our great city.
39) Jam Jam BoomerangView full details of Jam Jam Boomerang
Address: Unit 3a Middlemarch Business Park, Woodhams Road, Coventry CV3 4FX
Phone: +44(0)24 7630 3893
40) Laser QuestView full details of Laser Quest
Address: Watch Close, CV1 3LN
Phone: +44(0)24 7663 2730
41) London Road Cemetery: Paxton’s ArboretumView full details of London Road Cemetery: Paxton’s Arboretum
London Road Cemetery: Paxton’s Arboretum is one of the earliest garden cemeteries in the country, designed by Joseph Paxton and now a Grade I listed park and garden.
42) Longford ParkView full details of Longford Park
Longford Park is the largest of the City's Area Parks and serves the North of the city. It is a well established green space with expanses of grass, colourful bedding schemes, picturesque tree-lined river walk, ecological and wildlife areas and a range of facilities for all the family to enjoy, including a play area, skate park, and a multi-use games area.
43) Lunt Roman FortView full details of Lunt Roman Fort
It's A.D. 60; the Iceni of East Anglia led by the legendary Boudica have rebelled against Roman rule, and have just been defeated in a terrible battle fought somewhere in the Midlands. As a result, the Romans are building a series of fortifications across the Midlands, including the Lunt. Come and explore this partially-reconstructed timber fort.
44) Midland Air MuseumView full details of Midland Air Museum
Address: Rowley Rd, Coventry CV3 4FR
Phone: +44(0)24 7630 1033
45) Old Blue Coat SchoolView full details of Old Blue Coat School
The Old Blue Coat School is a unique and historic building nestling between Priory Row and the Priory Gardens in Coventry city centre. The current building dates from 1856, the actual school having been founded as the first Charity School for girls in Coventry in 1714.
46) PURE Spa & Beauty
47) Ryton Pools Country ParkView full details of Ryton Pools Country Park
The 100 acres of Ryton Pools Country Park are just waiting to be explored. The many different habitats are home to a wide range of birds and other wildlife. The excellent surfaced paths enable easy walking around the site, and provide access to an adjoining ancient woodland.
48) Showcase Cinema de LuxView full details of Showcase Cinema de Lux
Address: Gielgud Way, Walsgrave, CV2 2SZ
Phone: +44(0)871 220 1000
49) SkydomeView full details of Skydome
Situated in the heart of the city centre, Skydome is Coventry’s premier leisure and entertainment destination. From Ice skating to a state of the art cinema, Skydome is the perfect place for great times all round!
50) St John the Baptist ChurchView full details of St John the Baptist Church
As one of Coventry’s most historic buildings, St John’s holds a special place in the heart of the city. St John’s was built by Medieval Religious Guilds in 1344 on land given by Queen Isabella. Located on the corner of Medieval Spon Street, this Grade I listed masterpiece of architecture is one of the most beautiful churches in England. Carved from rose sandstone, the church is steeped in history. During the Civil War the building was used to house Scottish Royalists, giving rise to the saying ‘Sent to Coventry’.
St John's is open 10am til 3pm, Friday and Saturday.
Address: Fleet Street, Coventry CV1 3AY
51) St Michael's Tower ClimbView full details of St Michael's Tower Climb
PLEASE NOTE – Unfortunately the Tower Climb and shop are currently closed and are likely to remain so for the rest of 2021, and will be reopening early 2022.
Climb the Cathedral Tower for the best view in Coventry! Open 7 days a week except during bell ringing sessions*.
52) St. Mary's Guildhall
53) Teezers Retro Golf & CocktailsView full details of Teezers Retro Golf & Cocktails
Address: 2 Hertford Place, Coventry CV1 3JZ
Phone: +44(0)24 7655 0884
54) Tenpin BowlingView full details of Tenpin Bowling
Address: Oliver Way, Crosspoint Business Park, Coventry, CV2 2SH
Phone: +44(0)871 222 3675
55) The Alan Higgs CentreView full details of The Alan Higgs Centre
The Alan Higgs Centre, operated by CV Life, is located in the south-east of Coventry. The Centre provides high-quality facilities and a wide range of activities at affordable prices for adults, families, children and organisations to keep you fit, active and healthy.
56) The CharterhouseView full details of The Charterhouse
The Carthusian Priory of St Anne-a unique Grade 1 listed building and grounds, surrounded by parkland in the centre of Coventry. Charterhouse is a grade I listed 14th Century Carthusian Monastery, one of only nine ever built in Britain. The Carthusian order was a silent order.
57) The Phil Silvers MuseumView full details of The Phil Silvers Museum
Address: Unit 2c, FarGo Village, Far Gosford St, Coventry CV1 5ED
58) The Reel StoreView full details of The Reel Store
The UK’s first permanent digital art gallery, The Reel Store, is now open in the heart of Coventry.
59) The Tin Music and ArtsView full details of The Tin Music and Arts
Address: Units 1 - 4, The Canal Basin, CV1 4LY
60) The WaveView full details of The Wave
The Wave, a UK award-winning, indoor waterpark is making a splash in the heart of Coventry!
From high-speed slides and a fun-packed splash zone to the exhilarating Wave Pool and relaxing Lazy River… There’s something for thrill, spill and chill seekers of all ages to enjoy.
Get ready to ‘Ride the Wave’! Don’t miss out, book your tickets today.
61) The Weaver's HouseView full details of The Weaver's House
Address: 121 Upper Spon St, Coventry CV1 3BQ
Phone: +44(0)24 7625 7117
62) Theatre AbsoluteView full details of Theatre Absolute
Address: 38 City Arcade, Coventry CV1 3HW
Phone: +44(0)7799 292957
63) Twisted Barrel Ale Brewery "All Access" TourView full details of Twisted Barrel Ale Brewery "All Access" Tour
Address: Unit 11, FarGo Village, Far Gosford St, Coventry CV1 5ED
Phone: +44(0)24 7610 1701
64) University of Warwick Sports HubView full details of University of Warwick Sports Hub
Address: Cryfield Village, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7EU
Phone: +44 (0)24 7652 3011
65) Ventures with Verity Coventry Walking Tours
66) War Memorial ParkView full details of War Memorial Park
Coventry's largest city park opened in July 1921 as Coventry's tribute to the soldiers from the city who lost their lives during the First World War (1914-1918). The park attracts around 400,000 visitors every year, with many coming to enjoy a peaceful stroll, picnic, bike ride, round of pitch and putt or game of tennis. The park is home to the Coventry’s biggest event of the year, the Godiva Festival. Enjoy light refreshments at the Pavilion Café or Beechtree Cafe.
67) Warwick Arts CentreView full details of Warwick Arts Centre
Based at the heart of the University of Warwick on the outskirts of Coventry, Warwick Arts Centre has a national reputation for its wide-ranging programme. The programme at Warwick Arts Centre is diverse and eclectic, ranging from the best UK and international theatre, prestigious orchestras and big-name comedians to music gigs, films, experimental studio work and accessible work for children and families.
Adress: Warwick Arts Centre, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry, CV4 7AL
68) Wasps RugbyView full details of Wasps Rugby
Address: Judds Lane, Longford, Coventry, CV6 6AQ
Phone Number: +44(0)24 7693 3444
69) West Midlands Police MuseumView full details of West Midlands Police Museum
Address: 26 Hertford Street, Coventry
70) Xcel Leisure CentreView full details of Xcel Leisure Centre
Xcel Leisure Centre, operated by CV Life, is located in the south-west of Coventry. The Centre provides high-quality facilities and a wide range of activities at affordable prices for adults, families, children and organisations to keep you fit, active and healthy. The facilities at Xcel Leisure Centre include a 4 court sports hall, 25m pool, group exercise studio, children’s play area and cricket pitch, among many others.